As most people really seem to enjoy Capture the Intelligence, I think I'm not the only person who got a little annoyedof how the matches are played mostly all of the time.
Usually people don't even bother to try and bring the intel to the target area and score a "goal".
Why not? Because they don't need to. Camping
the intel in some spot with your team around to protect you works totally fine.
I'd really like to see some improvements to the game mode, so the overly annoying camping gets less and people get their lazy asses out and take some risk and the mode gets as exciting as it was meant to be. And I want you all to make suggestions how it could be done.
- Limit tickets drawn from enemy team to 50 tickets until intel is either returned or a goal is scored = "reset"
- Make the tickets in the top blink when ticket limit is reached or display a message "Ticket limit reached: Score a goal!"
- Scoring a goal draws 50 or 75 tickets?
- If posession of the intel changes between teams a lot, but the ticket limiter is already in effect for one or both teams, it would be lame to not get any points anymore. We need a solution for this:
- Either a team scores some defalut score everytime they capure, e.g. 10 credits per every capture
- Or each time the posession of the intel switches the capturing team can draw another 20 tickets, which adds to the ticket limiter they had before. E.g. team A has captured first and drawn 35 ticktes before they lost it. Now they captured it back form B so the limiter rises to a total of 70. The first capture from a team after a "reset" doesn't add to the amount of ticket-limit, so team B is still at 50. You get the overall scheme ;-)
It would make the game even more exciting, because e.g. team A has already reached the limit. They could now try to score a goal OR try to protect the intel (uncaptured) until it respawns, so they can score again. This will lead to more teamplay, maybe one member of the team is already waiting at the respawn point, but the other team of course is aware, too. We would need a respwan indicator for this: Maybe display a top of screen "intel will be returned in x seconds"